CranioSacral Therapy evolved from osteopathy and is an extremely gentle, non invasive treatment. It is a system of alternative medicine intended to relieve pain and tension.
Following life changes, trauma, accident, illness or stress when our nervous systems cannot deal with these events, restrictions occur. In addition, disruption to normal function is adopted.
Craniosacral therapy helps facilitate release of this tension and consequently calms the nervous system.
During treatment clients often feel deep relaxation, peace and wholeness again.
A treatment works in the following ways:
- Helps restore normal cranial mobility;
- Releases abnormal myofascial restrictions and tensions in the body;
- Releases abnormal restrictions in the head;
- Eases restrictions of nerves;
- Optimizes cerebrospinal fluid movement through the central nervous system; and
- Helps restore misaligned bones to their proper positions
CranioSacral Therapy isn’t about fixing problems but it is about releasing restrictions so your body can re-align itself.